For me, The Flower of LIfe is a sort of coming home: I am coming to the place where I belong. When I am making a drawing or a painting of the Flower-of-Life, I feel in synch with life, like everything around me is exactly as it should be.
Why paint, sing, write, dance, act?
• to know our own knowing, to engage fully with what we are learning
• as inquiry: to investigate issues and express solutions/opinions about them
• to express our feelings and personal responses to the world around us
• for joy, and because the world needs beauty
• to interact with community to create social change
• to celebrate, mourn, pray, and heal: individually, and collaboratively
• to connect with spirit
• to transform consciousness, to understand
• to problem-solve creatively
• to develop kinesthetic intelligence
• to develop empathy and perspective on the human condition
Try meditating with the Metratron's Cube that accompanies this post.
Let me know what happens.
The original is 24" x 24", acrylic on unprimed canvas, completed 9/2014